Salim is a partner and heads the International Division at Al-Hamad Legal Group. Salim is a highly accomplished attorney with a strong legal background with over 20 years of experience in commercial and corporate law in over 25 countries worldwide. Salim has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, government contracts and international transactions from all phases including due diligence, deal structuring, management of the investments and final liquidation and exit. His expertise extends to many aspects of foreign joint ventures including their creation, management, and disposition. He has also been involved in the creation or acquisition of subsidiaries or joint ventures in most of the Gulf Co-operation Council states. He also provides clients with extensive international tax experience, including structuring investment funds and entities with an investment focus on, and portfolio investments in the United States, Europe, Middle East and North Africa and the GCC states.
- State Bar of Virginia, 2002
- Eastern District of Virginia, 2002
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2003
- J.D., Rutgers University School Of Law, 2001
- B.A., George Mason University, 1998
- Acted as lead counsel in the establishment of aviation leasing joint venture company to acquire 70 320s aircraft for USD2 billion acquisition and financing.
- Advised major international courier company on Joint Venture in the State of Qatar including preparation of joint venture agreement, strategy and management-related issues.
- Sole counsel conducted sale and lease of multiple aircrafts on behalf of both buyers and sellers including private and government entities. Prepared preliminary and subsequent definitive agreements and negotiated commercial terms.
- Negotiated multiple lease agreements, security arrangements, insurance/re-insurance and government authority safety and regulations requirements.
- Undertook fund formation activities, capital raising and marketing activities, tax structuring, regulatory compliance, public and private offerings of debt and equity.
- Assisted in a private offering for real estate investment fund for a major European bank.
- Represented a client in the preparation of USD280 million private placement offering—planning of taxation and securities issues in various jurisdictions and prepared and established documentation for fund and treasury advisor.
- Represented a major Bahraini bank in a structural deal which consisted of designing corporate structures in coordination and the assistance of offshore counsel; established optimal vehicle tailored to the client’s objectives. Scope of work also included the analysis of fee structures and preparation of documents with regard to placement, arrangement, management and performance fees; and analysis of fee structure and preparation of documents. Also, prepared offering documents to comply with applicable GCC securities regulations. In addition, also prepared and implemented management and employee participation and incentive programs.
- Assisted a Delaware telecommunications company in its debt refinancing, which included: the issue of USD56 million of new extended maturity notes and new convertible notes in exchange for outstanding unsecured notes.
- Represented client in a loan restructuring (bridge to securitization) in relation to a portfolio of 35 aircrafts totaling USD2 billion.
- Restructuring for regional airlines in the amount of USD20 million.
- Exit facilities for departing debtor/investor in relation to USD90 million recapitalization and strategic sale.
- Advisory on BSA/AML compliance issues for major local bank in Kuwait.
- Prepared anti-money laundering compliance manuals, policies and procedures for financial and non-governmental institutions.
- Represented clients in civil and criminal investigations involving the anti-money laundering laws.
- Representation of foreign banks in disputes over whether deposit accounts in branches in foreign countries and US can be attached by US and private litigants.